I got up thinking about change today. I have changed a lot in the past 10 years... I have more things that I would like to change. I was broke at one point. Literally standing in the grocery store with a cart of groceries and my debit card declined. I had no other way to pay for the food. That is the day I decided to change. One of the first things you have to do to change is decide that you have had enough of where you are. That's it, you draw a line in the sand and say, "No More!"
1. Decide that you will make a change! Whatever it takes. You will make a change.
2. Set some reasonable goals for yourself. Goals that make sense.
3. Write those goals down! Read them everyday.
4. Those goals must be measurable. Not, I will lose weight.... but I will lose 10 pounds over the next 90 days.
5. The goals must be specific. I will love 10 pounds over the next 90 days by drinking 8 glasses of water. Staying less than 1500 calories, and working out 3 times a week.
6. You need to find a workout partner to help hold you accountable. Talk to them everyday. Hold each other accountable. Make it fun.
It occurred to me as I am writing this all the changes I have made, I have made money changes, career changes, some health changes but it's certainly true that if you don't want it bad enough, you won't do it! I certainly have things that I want to continue to change and it's hard. It's hard to make decisions and stick with them, but it's possible. You just have to get fed up where you are! You don't have to stay broke or sad or heavy or in a relationship that you don't like want. Heck, you can change your zip code or you just change the outfit you are wearing. It all starts with a decision that you don't want "that" anymore whatever "that" might be! Good Luck! Cheering for you!
I would love for you to drop me a note below! If it's your career you want to change, check out www.tradedinmyscrubs.com Feel free to subscribe so you get my monthly newsletter!